Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Return of SpiderQueen

As we were walking out to our classroom today, we passed by a huge spiderweb. We stopped to look at it. We have been talking about life cycles and our big book story was titled... SPIDERS. This was a perfect opportunity to connect learning! The kids oohed and awed and then we began walking again. I was next to a student who turned around and grinned at me and said in a whisper, "You know, I'm the spider queen". This is the same student I wrote about a few weeks ago that had a long conversation with me about her being the spider queen. Gotta love those first graders!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For a time as a child I often dreamed I could FLY. In my waking life I kind of thought I had this secret that I actually could. Over time I came to realize that I could fly only in my dreams. I kept the secret to myself.

The other day I said to the Spider Queen, "hi Spider Queen". She gave me a look like ,"how did you know?"

I don't think there's any harm in playing along with people's fantasies and encouraging use of imagination. She is at a magical age. I will have the "spider Queen" in my class next week. Maybe she can tell me more about it.

Joe: The World's Most Famous Flying Artist