Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Boo!

Boo... to Halloween. This is such a silly holiday.

As a mother...
I have a 6 year old so I understand how much a child loves an excuse to dress up and go show off their costume. If it were a day to dress up and have fun, I would have no problem with that. The kids could go house to house and just look cute and say hello to neighbors and friends. I think that might be more fun and less stressful.

As a teacher...
The kids were so wound up today with the excitement and anticipation of the night to come it was difficult to get any teaching done. My student teacher did a great estimating activity with candy in a jar and we wrote about Halloween in our journals. That seemed to contain them a bit and focus the excitement in a more academic way. I just hope that they are all on a sugar crash instead of a sugar high tomorrow!

Boo!

2 comments:

HappyChyck said...

Ooohh! Sugar crash would be good. I dread the week after Halloween more than Halloween itself. The no food rule is completely ignored, and I have to decide if it's really worth my time to bust them for sneaking candy. It usually depends on how many wrappers I have to pick up...

Simply Sublime said...

I agree!