Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Overwhelmed!

I feel completely overwhelmed today.

This has been a very busy week, and it's only Wednesday!
I had a million (exaggeration) books delivered to my classroom Monday afternoon that had to be distributed to other teachers. I divided them all out (they took up all of my "carpet" area) and had teachers come in a pick them up. The teachers brought their entire classes into my room to help them get the books. At one point I had two entire classes in my room being very loud and disruptive. Another teacher's class ran up and down the portable steps screaming and playing the whole time. Ugh!

Tuesday I had a meeting during my planning about testing information. I had a meeting with my daughter's teacher about her progress after school. Tuesday night when I got home I prepared for my parent conferences that will be this Thursday night from 4-8. I typed out what the kids should know by now and forwarded it to the other members of my team. I then got a phone call from a team member who was unfortunately selected to be on a jury. She will not be at school for the next three days. I told her I would write a letter to her student's parents informing them that she would not be there for parent conferences Thursday night and she would reschedule. She was also concerned about SST (referrals for testing or interventions)meetings she had for Friday. I told her I would get them rescheduled. So, I type the letter for the parents and e-mail the woman in charge of SST's to let her know. Finally, at midnight, I get to sleep.

I wake up this morning with all of the things I need to do on my mind. I have a horrendous migraine. I can barely walk it hurts soooo bad. I check my e-mail and see a message that says I will need to attend the other teacher's meetings. What? I don't know her kids or their issues. How is this beneficial at all? Why should I miss teaching time with my students to go to a meeting for someone else's students?

Moving on...
I get ready, get my daughter to school, and get to my school. As soon as I pick my students up the principal says she needs to speak with me. My student teacher takes my class back to the room. The principal says that the teacher who has jury duty does not have a sub and I will be subbing in her room all day. What?!? I'm not a sub. My student teacher is not suppose to be teaching all day by herself. This stresses me out beyond belief. I am a teacher. I have my own students. I also have an ARD at 8:30. I convince her to let us "split" the kids amongst the rest of the classes. So, at 9:45, I am able to split the kids up and deliver them to other classes. I finally get to my classroom. I am now trying to organize my thoughts and decide what I need to do. I have conferences tomorrow night, I have 2 SST's of my own Friday to finish paperwork on, I have another teachers SST's Friday to work on, and, oh yeah, I'm suppose to be teaching! And... I still have the damn migraine. My head is almost numb at this point.

So...
Here I am, Wednesday night, overwhelmed, with a migraine, and not loving the crap that comes along with teaching. AT ALL!!!!

Wow! That was a lot of venting! Feels good!

2 comments:

Mister Teacher said...

At least your kids got a nice, timely, early breakfast...

Oh, wait.

Anonymous said...

Hang on in there! I hope the weekend made you feel better!