Thursday, October 25, 2007

Let the power of "Diet Coke" compel you

I know. It's a bit tacky to substitute "Diet Coke" for the word "Christ" but it's so fitting for what happen to me today.

I was teaching my class today and became thirsty. I grabbed my Diet Coke and took a big drink. As the first of the drink went down my throat I realized it was going down too hard and I was going to choke if I swallowed any more. Seeing as I was in front of all of my students I quickly decided I would go outside (I'm in a portable) and spit the Diet Coke out so as not to die trying to swallow and choke. Before I could even react, I coughed. Yes, I coughed with a mouth full of Diet Coke. It spewed everywhere! On top of that, I then couldn't catch my breath and continued to cough.

The kids were just looking up at me, shocked. They didn't know what to do. I began laughing uncontrollably. I couldn't stop. It was so funny! Nothing like that has ever happen to me in front of anyone. Especially not in a classroom full of children!

Oh well! Makes for a funny story!

Live, laugh, learn!

6 comments:

Mister Teacher said...

Live, laugh, burp

Simply Sublime said...

So witty Mr. Teacher.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Had you covered your mouth it would have come out your nose.

aj

Simply Sublime said...

Ewwww! And owww! That would have been much worse!
:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a horror story! On the other hand, I guess it shows your students that teachers are human, too... :-)

Today's lesson: why one should not drink carbonated soft-drinks in front of groups.

Simply Sublime said...

Haha! Great lesson for us all!

I'm definately more "human" to them now.