Friday, September 21, 2007

Reflections

Wednesday was not a good day. I had a difficult time communicating with my student teacher, I saw an e-mail sent to the entire school that only listed people who did NOT get all exceeds on their evaluation last year that I am on, and I had a meeting with people who don't listen, participate, or care about what I'm saying. One of the teachers complained the whole time, another threw a fit and walked out, the others were just, well, unresponsive.

I felt horrible after Wednesday. I cried. I got angry. I was DONE! Poor me.

Why? These people don't matter to me. I don't care what they think about me. Why would any of this effect me so deeply?

I have an amazing daughter, family, and group of friends.

I heard from a friend that night about what she's been going through the last 2 weeks. Her 16 year old daughter ran away, was doing drugs (a lot), sleeping and living with a 20 year old, and, not planning to come home. My friend is going through hell! Here life is truly turning upside down. They did find her and get her into a lock down treatment facility. Hopefully things will turn around for them.

After hearing this and reflecting on my "problems", I realized that what I learned when my mom passed away had left me. Life is what you make of it and no-one can change that or should change that. I'm not going to let anyone control how I feel or act.

I know... easier said than done. Hopefully I will be able to stay strong to myself and who I am, and who I want to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was just one of those days where you should have read your horoscope in advance.
Name some names and I'll stomp some feet! A joke to make you smile.

I truly feel for you. I know how quickly "climate" can deteriorate and how that is. Things could improve!?!

Know that you are the best thing all these first graders have going for them.

Art Pedant

Simply Sublime said...

Thank you anonymous! I need to hear that. It means a lot! xoxo

Anonymous said...

We all have these days in which work just takes up more of our time, energy and emotions than we would like. I had such a day last Monday. Fortunately, these days pass. Keep track of the important things in life. Put a picture of your daughter with your life motto on it somewhere in your school bag, so that you can look at it now and then in order to relativate the stress at school.