Thursday, September 27, 2007

Howl at the Moon

Wow! What a couple of days!

There's a full moon, the weather is changing, and Mercury is in retrograde. Not really sure about Mercury but the other is definitely true! I have noticed how differently the children act when there is a full moon. It's true! Animals and kids go bonkers when the atmosphere is upset at all.

Examples:
As a social studies lesson we were talking about transportation of long ago compared to today. I showed pictures of horses, wagons, etc. for long ago and buses, cars, etc. for today. I had the kids tell me some other modes of transportation. I got great answers, planes, cars, trucks, apples... Yes, I said apples. Apparently now we get around by way of apples. The apple, a magical mode of transportation.

We are doing simple, simple, simple addition. 1+0=1, 2+0=2, 1+2=green. Yup, I said green. According to one of my students, 1+2=green! Jackpot! We have a winner!

I'm tellin' ya, I'm gonna howl at the moon tonight! (And pull my hair out if I have another day like today!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the 'apple' kid and the 'green' kid are the same, at least there is some consistency ;-)
I recognize the feeling though. My students go nuts whenever it storms, rains, snows or whenever it's hot. Which leaves me like one day a year to teach properly .

Simply Sublime said...

:-)
Sadly, it was not the same student.