Monday, February 18, 2008

Broken

Well, today was a looonnngg day. I still feel very under the weather. I haven't been able to eat so I'm extremely tired. The new kids I got last week from the "dissolved" class are still adjusting to a new teacher and new procedures. One funny thing did happen at recess today. A sweet little girl in my class came up to tell me that another one of our students was crying. I asked her if she new why. She said that some other girls "broke" her feelings. Broke her feelings... how cute is that. Not that her feelings got broken, of course, but the language she used. Fortunately all was worked out and she was able to continue to play, broken feelings and all.

Have a good one!!!

4 comments:

Marietta Smith Adams said...

I love your little anecdotes of funny things kids say. :)

Mister Teacher said...

Don't you just love how kids always have to tell everyone else whenever they see someone else crying.
"He's crying!"
Like they would want the world to know if THEY were the one crying...

Anonymous said...

Why was the child crying? If the reason is weak, you give em' a better one.


Miss Simply Sublime, I enjoy seeing you with your gaggle. You are the first grade teacher I wish I had had.

My memories of first grade are not sweet.

I started into firt at age 5 w/o Kindergarden because of the familiy's move from Hillsboro TX to Long Island New York.

My Teacher was Mrs Layer (Egg Layer) who was about a hundred years old.

As a totally unprepared 5 year old with attention deficit I spent all my recesses inside doing the number sheets I never completed.

Mrs Layer insisted on calling me Joseph. I told her many times, "my name is Joe".

I hated school!

AJ

Simply Sublime said...

Etta- they make me smile :) gotta love it!

Mr T- it's funny how they are all about EVERYONE else. i think it came from a place of concern though. :)

AJ- thank you. that means a lot. especially coming from you. :) and... wow, texas to ny. i bet that's quite a shock to the system.