Thursday, August 20, 2009

Open House

Today was our first actual day devoted to working on our classrooms and getting plans done for the first week. Overall, the day went very well. I got all of my bulletin boards covered with paper, got some more things put away and organized, and got some books into desks. My main focus now is the actual planning! I have got to get plans done for the first week! I'm beginning to get nervous about teaching third graders. I hope I can get them where they need to be and get their wonderful brains full of third grade knowledge.

Tonight was also our open house. I had several parents come and meet me and see our classroom. I'm very pleased that 2 of the 5 I met were students I had in first grade. I can't wait to see how much they have progressed!

Tomorrow I will, hopefully, be able to get all I need done to start off a great year!

1 comment:

Mister Teacher said...

Wow, a new comment!! Seems like it's been forever!!