Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yes! Success!

This has been quite an interesting year for me, as for all others teaching in the Dallas I.S.D. We have had a budget shortfall and teacher layoffs hanging over our heads.

It has been dreadfully stressful and next to impossible to maintain stability in the classroom with so much else going on around me. Thankfully, I have been able to focus on my students and enjoy the simple things that happen day to day.

Today one of my students told me she likes to read because I showed her how. She said she tries so hard because she can tell I want her to learn. Wow! Thanks for noticing!

1 down... 18 to go. :)

3 comments:

Ms. Longhorn said...

That's all you can ask for in teaching!

Oh, and a board who knows how to take care if its teachers. I hope your job is safe! DISD has got some BIG PR issues to take care of.

Ed U. Cater said...

One of YOUR students told me today that I was.... "pretty". Being a male, I would've much prefered "handsome," but I'll take what I can get! :)

Mister Teacher said...

Ed, at least she didn't say, "You sure have a pretty mouth..."