Thursday, October 16, 2008

What A Day

Well...

That's about all I can say.

I feel fortunate that I still have my same job, in my same school, in my same room, with my same kids. I feel a bit sad that I feel fortunate about that. Many of my colleagues can not say the same thing. Why should we be tousled about this way?

It's been an extremely draining day. The school day began at 7:30am and didn't end until 8:00pm. I think I experienced twenty different emotions within this one day. Our school lost many wonderful teachers today. We had 4 teachers take the voluntary release, our principal took the voluntary release, 3 teachers were RIF'd (laid off), 5 teachers were transferred to different schools, and 900 students will suffer. This doesn't include the many teachers that will stay at our school but be placed in different positions.

I'm bracing myself for a strange and difficult next few weeks.

1 comment:

Ms. Longhorn said...

I hope your week is improving. I know it was a hard week for a lot of people.